Sunday, June 29, 2008

Another Money Making Scheme at LTO



Turning 40+ just recently I had the misfortune of having to renew my license. Despite the feeling of dread, I optimistically arrived at the Alabang Town Center LTO Office. I arrived at 10 am thinking that I'd be done by 12, it took me less than that 3 years ago. I dutifully lined up at window 1, no problem, I was given a form to fill out (hey wait a minute, most of the information here should already be in your system!)...which I did. Then I was told to get my drug test and medical. Sure, with a smile I approached the drug test counter. Right, a drug test, I'm sure they REALLY test for drugs. I'm an obedient citizen so I paid the fee. That's when I discovered another money making scheme some *&^*% cooked up. I was not asked but was told to pay P25 more for "Insurance". I just wanted to get it over with so I just paid up. There were easily 50 people at that place that morning, so you can imagine how much money is being made...and how many people are being duped!
Oh about that license....had to go back for it after lunch....argh! Well I won't have to be back there in 3 years!

No comments: